I have seen the movie Chocolat a couple of times. One taste is not enough. This week I decided to pick up the novel of the same name and give it a try. The New York Times called the novel "[a]n amazement of riches." Yep. That about sums it up.
I didn't realized that Chocolat (1999) is part of a series. There are two other books: The Girl With No Shadow published in 2007 and Peaches for Father Francis published in 2012 (US titles).
<sigh> My TBR list keeps getting longer and longer.
Have you read the series or seen the movie adaptation?
$6.99 Chocolat on DVD
Chocolat on DVD. Free Returns.
In a Groupon Nutshell: "Romantic film about a chocolatier finding acceptance in an old-fashioned neighborhood in France; starring Juliette Binoche and Johnny Depp"
- Lighthearted, romantic film set in France
- Based on a novel of the same name by Joanne Harris
- Starring Juliette Binoche, Johnny Depp, Judi Dench, and Alfred Molina
- Nominated for five Academy Awards including Best Picture
- Also nominated for eight BAFTAs, and four Golden Globes
- Rated PG-13
Beverley Byrne interviews Joanne Harris shortly after the release of the film Chocolat